What do I need to bring with me?

The United Kingdom has left the European Union, but is currently in a transition period until the end of 2020. After this time, the documentation required may change. This page will be updated appropriately, depending on if the UK and EU agree to a Brexit deal.

If you're heading abroad for your holidays, or just popping over for a shopping or business trip, driving in another country can be a great experience. But you need to make sure that you are familiar with local rules and regulations, and that you have everything you need.

In certain countries, it is a legal requirement to carry certain items with you. Failure to do so can result in large on-the-spot fines. Even if it isn't required by law, it is still recommended that you have them with you.


Make sure you have these documents with you!
Driving license Passport Car insurance certificate MOT certificate Vehicle registration document


You must have the following on or in your vehicle

GB sticker



We recommend the following are kept in your vehicle

High visability vests
(do not keep in boot)

Spare bulbs First aid kit Fire extinguisher

Warning triangle

The European Good Samaritan law requires motorists to stop and provide assistance if they encounter an accident or incident, as long as it is safe to do so.
This may require a first aid kit or fire extinguisher, which is why we recommend these are carried.